Username Password: Remember me

Started my knee diagnosis today
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Started my knee diagnosis today

Re:Started my knee diagnosis today 10 years, 9 months ago #302

• Thurman
      • Fresh Boarder
      Well i had a follow up for my Shoulder today and luckily he took a look at my knee and took and xray.

He said all the ligaments are strong and mentioned i might have some kind of condition (I forget the name)where the knee cap gets pushed out a little. He said its common when you have sprained your MCL. I gotta do about 5 weeks of therapy.

Re:Started my knee diagnosis today 10 years, 1 month ago #1194

• tennischic
      • Junior Boarder
      Ha...I am falling apart with my knees too! I guess I really shouldn't be laughing though

Since I waited about 6 months to have my shoulder surgery I had to replace my normal activity of playing tennis. The obvious choice for me was to take up running and in that short time I think I've royally screwed up my left knee. I can make my left leg kinda pop in and out at the knee area (makes for great 'stupid human tricks'). After a hard run (pre-surgery of course) I felt like my knee was going to give out going up and down steps.

I've already been through years of back problems, so I guess I am progressively getting my whole body checked out. The sad part? I am only 24 What happens in 20 more years?

Oh well. I was thinking that when I go in for my 1 month post op appt I would have my doc check out my knee too. He is more of a knee guy anyways. If he can do good things for my shoulder than maybe he can work magic on my knees!!!

Re:Started my knee diagnosis today 10 years, 1 month ago #1195

• Andy
      • Administrator
      I should have updated my knee story a while back because they are going great now! Here's how...

I found my problem was that most shoes are too supportive! The support causes a misalignment in my right knee and gave me all kinds of problems.

For sports I wear Nike Free, which is basically a sole and a sock. It took a while for all the extra muscles I hadn't been using to start up again. Once they did however, things have been great! I can run again and I use an elliptical machine for 40 mins a day! And as a bonus my legs have muscles that they didn't before!

BTW - I'm 32 and my warrantee expired a long time ago...
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 320 guests online