Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: SOCCER HIP FLEXOR INJURY

SOCCER HIP FLEXOR INJURY 4 years, 11 months ago #24867

• qbeaupre
      • Fresh Boarder
      for the past 7 months my hip flexor has been bothering me. It started in my right hip and has lately moved to my left one too. I feel the pain when i kick the ball or sprint suddednly. Im 15 and in the peak of my growth spurt. Ive tried icing, heating, stretching, and resting it for a while. None have been effective Could this pain be from growing or a strain or something like that? this has been SUPER frustrating and i just want to know what im dealing with!!!

Re: SOCCER HIP FLEXOR INJURY 4 years, 11 months ago #24870

• ljansen
      • Platinum Boarder
      • 9 shoulder surgeries
      Have you been assessed by a PT to ensure you have adequate strength in some of the smaller supporting muscles? Sports involving a lot of sprinting and start/stop can cause muscular imbalances in your hip flexors and quads, they tend to be much stronger then hamstrings, glute medius, etc. Having a proper assessment to ensure you are targeting your glutes, piriformis, adductors, etc may be what's needed, not to mention ruling out any nerve/disc issues. Ensuring your pelvis is also in proper alignment is also very important. I'm no expert in this area but have dealt with my share of low back pain, with hip flexors having been a large contributing factor to it.

Hope it gets better for you soon.
      R. Shoulder Capsular Shift - Sept. 03
      L. Shoulder Bankart/SLAP/Capsular Shift/Rotator interval & SS repair - Jan. 05
      L. Shoulder MUA/adhesion release - Jan. 06
      L. Shoulder SAD/Bursectomy - Sept. 07
      L. Shoulder Biceps Tenodesis - Mar. 09
      L. Shoulder Open Latarjet & Arthroscopy - Nov. 24, 2011
      L. Shoulder Capsular Release/SAD - June 11, 2012
      L. Shoulder Capsular Release/Screw Removal/Biceps Tenotomy - Mar. 22, 2013
      L. Shoulder Arthroscopic Latarjet Screw Removal, Interval Repair, Axillary Neurolysis, Debridement
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 187 guests online