No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: MRI R Knee with Contrast

MRI R Knee with Contrast 8 years, 5 months ago #7916

Okay...Does anyone know what this all means and put into a simple explanation?

Mild patellar chondrosis. There is a 10mm area of cartilage fissuring at the medial patellar facet extending to the median ridge associated with a small amount of subchondral marrow edema extending from the median ridge to the central patella. There is a tiny cartilage flap associated with the fissuring at the superior pole. There is no full thickness cartilage defect (I know that part is a good thing) The abnormality involves approx 60% fo the articular surface. The opposing femoral trochlear articular cartilage is intact.

Hypoplastic femoral trochlear sulcus associated with Wiberg Type III patella. The configuration may predispose to patellofemoral tracking abnormality.

Two small 3 and 5 mm in diameter, osteochondral loose bodes project within the distal gastrocnemius/semimembranosus bursa which contains contrast after the intra-articular injection.

Mild lateral tibial chondrosis. There is a 10mm cartilage fibrillation at the central to posterior lateral tibial articular surface involving 50% of the articular cartilage. The opposing lateral femoral articular cartilage is intact.

All I know is my knee has been killing me since my dirt bike accident in 2005
      Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by misssunshine.

Re:MRI R Knee with Contrast 8 years, 5 months ago #7919

• sskylor
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Physical Therapist/Patient
      In essence you have a 60% Chondral (bone) defect in the knee
      along with loose bodies (fragments of bone) and issues with your knee cap. Therapy may help the knee cap, but the other
      requires surgery. The surgical action most surgeons perform is
      arthroscopy where they do various things to stimulate the damaged joint surface (increase the blood supply) to initiate
      repair. Unfortunately this requires 6 weeks of no weightbearing. I would hope you have a OS appt to discuss and have him explain everything. You do not want the defect to become full thickness as this obviously leads to OA in the knee.

Re:MRI R Knee with Contrast 8 years, 5 months ago #7920

I saw the surgeon today and he wants me to do 6 weeks of PT and chortisone shots. He said surgery would not help me. Should I get a 2nd opinion?

Re:MRI R Knee with Contrast 8 years, 5 months ago #7924

• sskylor
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Physical Therapist/Patient
      Perhaps it is mostly defect in the patellae and maybe the fragments will not pose a problem. Sounds like good news from the surgeon. You absolutely want to try the PT and cortisone shots so do this and hopefully the issue will resolve.
      No need for a second opinion unless this fails. If you do have P-F issues (kneecap) there is a great brace called the on-track
      knee brace, developed by a PT to help re-train the muscles and re-align the knee cap. Kate Grace PT web site has info on it.
      Good luck, Sharon
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online