Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Labrum re-tear

Labrum re-tear 3 years ago #29847

• zune
      • Fresh Boarder
      So I tore my labrum, had surgery, went through 5 months of physical therapy, and my hip never felt right. I kept telling the doctor and he told me that it was normal, that I was recovering. Well, I finally talked him into getting me another MRI. My labrum was re-torn, not only that but I had calcification fragments in the hip joint and severe amounts of scar tissue. I had a second surgery in which the cut out the torn part of my labrum, removed scar tissue, removed calcification fragments, had osteoplasty done, and had a release of my psoas tendon. I've completed another 5 months of physical therapy.

The past two weeks I have had a lot of pain in my hip again. Again my doctor says that its normal, again I don't trust him. I have small hip sockets and my femur doesn't fit in the socket properly. To compensate my body apparently produced a larger labrum. I talked to another doctor on the phone and told him my situation and he says that its likely it could be re-torn again. But an mri would probably be useless because of the two previous surgeries. The only thing to do would be exploratory surgery.

I about died. I cant do this a third time. Does anybody have any suggestions on any other methods of diagnosing or treating a torn labrum?
      Please? I can provide more info on it if needed. I'm only 21 and I'm a college athlete who has a good scholar ship riding on me coming back to play next season. If I don't, I lose it. If anybody has any suggestions/recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Labrum re-tear 3 years ago #29863

• COgirl
      • Platinum Boarder
      zune, most of us here have shoulder issues, not hip, and yours is the first question I've ever seen about a hip. It seems like any surgeon would want another MRI before going in for even an exploratory surgery. I had a shoulder surgery that required the placement of a screw in the shoulder. When I saw the OS last week about recurring pain, he ordered both a CT and MRI. I didn't think he could do an MRI but he said he could still get valuable info from it. I think if you're going for a second opinion, you really need to go in for an exam and forget the phone stuff.
      3/2010 Slap Tear Repair, Biceps tenotomy
      8/2012 Latarjet
      11/14 Total shoulder replacement
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google