Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Slap Tear II

Slap Tear II 2 years, 10 months ago #30333

• FeDawn
      • Senior Boarder
      Quick question,
      I am 2.5 weeks post-op from a Slap II tear (originally was thought to be a Slap IV tear) and I still seem to be in a lot of pain. I had my post op apt last wk and was told that I could take my arm out of the sling if I'm sitting down, but it seems every time that I do that I am in incredible pain the next day. I am a 29 y/o female and am starting to get bored of being at home, but also seems when I go out for long periods during the day I am also in a ton of pain. I'm looking here for any advice to help decrease the pain and so that I can I go out of my house for periods of time without being in pain?
      I appreciate any advice you all can give me..
      Thank you very much!!!!!

Re: Slap Tear II 2 years, 9 months ago #30337

• Trevtassie
      • Junior Boarder
      Are you taking any kind of anti inflammatory? That would be worthwhile I guess, plus the usual icing it every now and again? Trying to nip any swelling in the bud before it causes impingement, there seems to be a "sweet spot" when I'm getting myself into pain. While you are doing the activity it's all good, all the related fluid to inflammation acts as a lube to make everything work OK, afterwards as the fluid keeps building up is when you have problems, the pressure causes impingement which equals pain. These things are pretty slow to repair, from what I can work out. It seems you need to treat it like a fresh injury for weeks.

Trev

Re: Slap Tear II 2 years, 9 months ago #30338

• FeDawn
      • Senior Boarder
      Trev,
      Thank you for the information. I haven't been doing anti-inflammatory because I have still been taking a lot of pain medication, but what you're saying makes sense and maybe I need to try that. I have just been in a lot of pain and it's been keeping me from doing my typical daily things.

Thanks!!!
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online