Latest Topics

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

What exactly the herniated disc is?
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: What exactly the herniated disc is?

What exactly the herniated disc is? 5 years, 9 months ago #21671

• hagel123
      • Fresh Boarder
      There are many different terms used to describe spinal disc pathology and associated pain, are “herniated disc”, “pinched nerve”, and “bulging disc”, slipped or ruptured disc.
      You can have a herniated disc in any part of your spine but most herniated discs can affect your lower back or what you called lumbar spine. Some happen in the neck or cervical spine and, more rarely, in the upper back or thoracic spine.
      What are the causes of Herniated Discs?
      • Wear and tear of the disc- As you age, your discs dry out and aren't as flexible as it is when you’re young.
      • Injury to the spine-This may cause tiny tears or cracks in the hard outer layer of the disc. When this happens, the gel inside the disc can be forced out through the tears or cracks in the outer layer of the disc. This causes the disc to bulge, break open, or break into pieces.
      The symptoms:
      • Pain in buttock and down the leg
      • Numbness
      • Weakness in the area of the body where the nerve travels
      • SCIATICA-the most common symptoms
      -If the herniated disc is not pressing on a nerve, you may have a back pain or no pain at all.
      If you have weakness or numbness in both legs, along with loss of bladder or bowel control, seek medical care right away. This could be a sign of a rare but serious problem called cauda equine syndrome.

These are just some of the facts concerning herniated discs that you have to beware about.

Your doctor may diagnose a herniated disc by asking questions about your symptoms and examining you. If your symptoms clearly point to a herniated disc, you may not need tests.
      This is Dr. Kyle Hagel of Affinity Medical Group Center. I'm a new member here.

To help you get out of pain, restore and rehabilitate your spine to further your health and wellness is one of our main objectives. And for you to find which is the best for back pain if heat and cold. Why not share or ask something about chiropractic? This forum site looks great. I’m looking forward to establish a good relationship with you.

Your in good health,
      Dr. Hagel

Re:What exactly the herniated disc is? 5 years, 9 months ago #21679

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Thanks and Welcome!

Re:What exactly the herniated disc is? 5 years, 9 months ago #21701

• Cavitator
      • Platinum Boarder
      Andy,

What is a lumbar herniated disc promo doing on a SLAP tear board?
      3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
      2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
      2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
      3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure

Re:What exactly the herniated disc is? 5 years, 9 months ago #21737

• hagel123
      • Fresh Boarder
      thanks for the warm greetings:-)

Re:What exactly the herniated disc is? 5 years, 9 months ago #21738

• Cavitator
      • Platinum Boarder
      Kyle,

I am not sure why you are marketing a SLAP tear population for lumbar herniated disc pathology other than "you can."

I get it...I am a chiropractor too, board certified in orthopedics for 18 yrs of my last 23 yrs as a chiropractor (1 1/2% of the profession). I know you are thinking you are healing the world here but you can't fool a fool.

Before my injury, I have also been an insurance peer-review doc, clinic supervisor for pre and postceptors docs and medlegal consultant in WC and PI as well as certification in multiple subspecialties. Suffice it to say that in general and in my opinion, the chiropractic community has no business treating SLAP tears (short of claiming an occasional lucky dx) and is better left to the expertise of skylor (Sharon), who is a very qualified PT, or a select few chiro's who have advanced training of the same. Perhaps you do, but that was not evident in your post.

By the way, what is the ICD-9 for a "locked-up spine?"
      3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
      2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
      2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
      3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure

Re:What exactly the herniated disc is? 5 years, 9 months ago #21741

• Andy
      • Administrator
      There are no external links in his posts so I'm not treating it as link building. I'm all for expanding our network to include more professionals, and he actually replied when I did. Spammers don't usually do that.

I completely agree that his posts do not belong in the shoulder/slap tear section of the forum. I moved them into neck and back. We do have other sections for knees, hips, ankles, etc, they just don't get much use.

Hopefully guests will use their own judgement when using information found on this site or any website for that matter. I believe the Karma score helps users figure out who to trust. You have a very high number which shows that users can trust your posts and appreciate your help. With few posts and zero karma it will take a while before anyone listens. If he's not sincere the effort will be too great, and if there are any issues, let me know and we'll take care of it...

-Andy
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online