Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Cervical Radiculapothy

Cervical Radiculapothy 9 years, 5 months ago #3276

• Smith
      • Fresh Boarder
      Hi Everyone,

I joined recently and wanted to see if anyone experiences a rotator and cervical combo injury. Just a quick recap of my situation. I was injured (work related about 2 yrs ago and was diagnosed with an unspecified shoulder sprain. The pain I experienced was in the back of shoulder at the base of my neck. After 3 month which included PT (incidentally this included neck modalities) I was told I had reached a plateau. I asked if I could get an MRI (none were ordered by comp doc's during this time) and it was of shoulder. MRI showed Rotator tear but at that time I wasnt experiencing too much discomfor in what I considerd the rotator region; however I still had the burning pain in the shoulder at bas of neck. WC approved rotator tear and I went to Orthopedic doc. Doc said I has a full thickness tear and outlined the procedure \ recovery . I asked if I could get a 2nd opinion as I wasnt sure about the open surgery and long recovery. I thought perhaps there was another treatment. Asi turned out the 2nd doc said although you have a rotator tear the main source of your shoulder problem is cervical in nature and ordered a cervical mri - The MRI of c-spine showed a bulging disc. WC denied the claim. I have scheduled a rotoator surgery next month as shoulder pain has gotten worse but am fighting the neck because the doc said I may not make a swift recovery with the neck issues. Anybody have similar situation or advice. Yes I did hire an atty for the neck related claim but WC is very difficult process.

Re:Cervical Radiculapothy 9 years, 5 months ago #3294

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Take a look through the forum for neck injuries. We had a member who had shoulder pain that they tracked down to a neck injury. I'll take a look as well and see if I can find it.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 133 guests online