Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Whiplash--back spasms

Whiplash--back spasms 9 years, 5 months ago #3332

• karenm
      • Platinum Boarder
      Ok, here I am in the back section now. I guess I just need to sound off because I am discouraged. Last week while driving to my Aunt's for Thanksgiving Dinner, a car ran into the back of mine. I thought I had escaped injury but starting getting lower back spasms on Tuesday. I went to the doctor on Wednesday and she told me the spasms were from whiplash. Has anyone had this happen?

Now if you have been following my shoulder posts, you know how much I was looking forward to skiing tomorrow after almost 7 months of shoulder rehab. Needless to say I won't be skiing for a while due to my back now. Once the spasms are under control, I plan on swimming again to help it. Anyone have any other suggestions to help with lower back spasms? Thanks for hearing me out!

Karen

Re:Whiplash--back spasms 9 years, 5 months ago #3335

• patrick87
      • Senior Boarder
      try getting a hold of some non-narcotic muscle relaxers, and try the heat and ice method too.

i eventually had to go to a chiropractor, and two visits straightened things up for me after my car crash.

Re:Whiplash--back spasms 9 years, 5 months ago #3336

• patrick87
      • Senior Boarder
      my shifting arm is getting surgery soon (december 19th), and do you think workers comp will pay for the car service?

Re:Whiplash--back spasms 9 years, 5 months ago #3344

• chykcha
      • Platinum Boarder
      Karen, I am sorry you got injured. Get regular massages, rest, and ice. My husband and I were just watching news, where they showed people skiing and snowboarding. I was getting all jealous that I won't be able to do it for a long time.

Re:Whiplash--back spasms 9 years, 5 months ago #3345

• Deputy60
      • Fresh Boarder
      Karen:
      If this is real bothersome, try to get your Doc. to get you an MRI. I messed around with local Docs and a Chiro that hyper extended my back. As the problem manifested in the legs and periformis they thought it was Hamstring; Even a sports med orthopod!!!. This dubbing around caused super debillitating pain. The long and short of it, was the MRI showed a herniated disk at L5-S1, and some deg disk disease. We all take the easy route, but I am sold that if you have the insurance that will ok it, get the MRI so they know what is the problem and not speculating. I too was going to go back skiing this year after the back thing, buy my shoulder injury changed that. Hope for Motorcycling in the spring. Good luck!

Jim

[i]
      [size=2]\"Pain is weakness leaving the body\"[/size[/i]]

Re:Whiplash--back spasms 9 years, 4 months ago #3389

• karenm
      • Platinum Boarder
      I saw a Chiropractor yesterday and feel much better today. I am also still taking motrin during the day and flexeril at night. She thinks my pain in back/hip was caused from my foot being on the brake at the time of impact. This sent a jolt up my leg to my back/hip. Should be as good as new in a few weeks.

Karen
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.41 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online