Understanding Back MRI -
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Understanding Back MRI -

Understanding Back MRI - 8 years, 7 months ago #6984

• mackitten
      • Junior Boarder
      Hello All,

I have been posting in relation to my SLAP repair but now just found out about my little brother (29 LOL) MRI results for his back.

My mother got them and is already getting extremely worried thinking there is something so wrong with him, I think especially since the Dr. told him to contact a Neurosurgeon.

I told them they should get few other opinions also and get the MRI read by someone else too. I had 3 opinions and 2 MRIs before my shoulder surgery.

I figured maybe someone might have any insight, in laymans terms as to the findings in his MRI.

IMPRESSION:

1. Cystic lesion posterior to the S1-S3 vertebral body segments in a midline distribution consistent with a perineural cyst of Tarlov which may act as an trapping lesion on the adjacent sacral nerve roots

2. Straitening of the lumbar lordosis likely secondary to spasm without ligamentous instability or vertebral body malalignment.

3. No disc herniation

I tried looking up some information on #1 and from what I understood it may not be that horrible and usually tried to treat with non evasive procedures, less often is surgery used.

Any information would be helpful (especially to calm down the overprotective reactive Mom )

I've been reading more and if this is Tarlovs then maybe not such and easy good thing. Anyone heard of this, or know if there's a chance that the MRI is wrong possibly???

Thanks!

Hope you're all well.

Best,
      Jenifer.Sari
      Thanks!
      Jennifer Sari

You think you know ... what\'s to come ... what you are. You haven\'t even begun .

\\"Go to http://www.tutor.com/JENL for 75 minutes of online tutoring for $1!\\"
      Last Edit: 8 years, 7 months ago by mackitten.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 152 guests online