Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Sharp pain in foot

Sharp pain in foot 8 years ago #10299

• runner_9
      • Fresh Boarder
      I have been working out mainly on an eliptical all winter, but have been able to get outside every couple of days for a jog these past few weeks. Last weekend while on a long jog, I felt a sharp pain on the outside of my foot. I kept running, but finally the pain was too much and I had to stop. The pain continued as I was walked, and lasted for several days. Today, about a week later, I went running and the same thing happened. There is no pain when I push on the affected area, only when bearing weight. Any ideas of what could be wrong? I wondered about a stress fracture, but wasn't sure since the pain went away after not running for a couple days... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Re:Sharp pain in foot 8 years ago #10303

• sskylor
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Physical Therapist/Patient
      You are on the right track, most likely stress fracture almost always on the outside of the foot. Get an X-ray, improper shoes or orthotic correction need to be made.
      Stay off running for 6 weeks, try some swimming or pool jogging with bouyancy belt for exercise.

Re:Sharp pain in foot 8 years ago #10316

• Andy
      • Administrator
      I recently started running again and had to take December off due to stress fracture in my foot. My symptoms sound very similar to yours.

I think the biggest tip for recovering from a foot stress fracture is to keep weight off it. I made myself a cushion for my foot by wrapping it with packing material. I looked silly but was running again in 4 weeks.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 258 guests online