No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

Foot injuries that don't show in X-ray?
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Foot injuries that don't show in X-ray?

Foot injuries that don't show in X-ray? 6 years, 7 months ago #18213

• lynette
      • Fresh Boarder
      About three months ago, playing adult co-ed soccer, I got my foot stepped on HARD by a grown man (I'm a 5'3" female). Hurt pretty bad, but no significant swelling or bruising. About a month and a half later, I went to a reputable orthopedist and got an x-ray and nothing showed up. He just told me to wear orthotics. Six weeks, later, and it's hurting worse and more consistently, and is also tingling sometimes. Suggestions?

Re:Foot injuries that don't show in X-ray? 6 years, 7 months ago #18216

• sskylor
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Physical Therapist/Patient
      Tingling and pain hints of a compressed nerve so likely not a fracture. Unfortunately orthotics while good for the bottom of your feet may actually force more pressure and more compression on the nerve on the top of the foot so ammended footwear and another doc and some Pt may be in order.

Re:Foot injuries that don't show in X-ray? 6 years, 7 months ago #18228

• Cavitator
      • Platinum Boarder
      Actually, I can understand the logic of the ortho. On first glance, x-rays are normal, no obvious fracture, tingling suggests irritated interdigital nerve, neuroma, etc., so semi-rigid functional orthosis makes sense particularly if there are comormidity issues of sub-talar hypermobility, or other issues of instability of the midfoot and/or flexible forefoot varus. Hypermobility of the foot, in any fashion, will increase motion between the metatarsals and therefore increase interdigital nerve irritation, if that is in fact what is happening.

As Sharon notes, as with any doc or injury, if and when you are not happy, and at 6 wks no one would be, it is probably time for 2nd opinion with an ortho who is fellowship-trained in foot disorders or a very competent podiatrist.
      3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
      2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
      2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
      3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 262 guests online