Username Password: Remember me

Left AND Right SLAP tear?! What?! by Rachel
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Left AND Right SLAP tear?! What?! by Rachel

Left AND Right SLAP tear?! What?! by Rachel 10 years ago #1258

• cheers456
      • Fresh Boarder
      This thread discusses the Content article: Left AND Right SLAP tear?! What?! by Rachel

i really can relate to your situation i think. i took a really bad fall while running (tripped over a stump of a metal street sign--the stump was never removed from the sidewalk). i had never had shoulder pain before or much of any other pain. i figured at the time i just fell and whatever i did was a bone bruise or sprain and it would heal. i waited months before seeing a doctor. i had an mri which showed possibly a small rotator cuff tear. the recommended course was physical therapy which thanks to a new therapist got rid of all the pain. i thought i was home free but a year later i felt the original pain again. back to pt but this time i really wanted an mri done before doing anything. i had torn the rotator cuff. ok--got that fixed. i am a swimmer and several years later was diagnosed with a labral tear in the other shoulder. i tried to ignore this too prior to the diagnosis. i recently had that operated on.
      i am writing with a word of encouragement. the rotator cuff surgery was much, much worse than the labral tear to recover from although i am not done yet. there is a huge difference. you will be ok. just find a empathetic doctor who is good and answers all your questions. then find a good physical therapist who is encouraging. (some are downers.)
      i have been out of surgery 12 weeks now and basically doing ok. i have a lot of strength to get back. the doctor told me to begin a careful swim at 5 months. that sounds like a long time but it is not the end of the world. i have been exercising lower body and cardio since 6 weeks out.
      this may make you feel better. i am not the best swimmer and probably a lot older. you will heal as well if not quicker than me i expect. you will get your range of motion back. you may not win the olympics but you will get back to swimming and i expect after you get over the initial fears ( which i am going to have too) will do great.
      similarities to you---- 2 damaged shoulders but we will both recover.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 321 guests online