Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: ice

ice 10 years, 1 month ago #1335

• dangerbird
      • Junior Boarder
      should i be using ice on my shoulder? what exactly does ice do to the injury does it decrease imflamation or just pain

Re:ice 10 years, 1 month ago #1340

• binrat1
      • Junior Boarder
      it blissfully numbs everything out while reducing swelling and inflammation....lots of people on the site seems to have had great experiences with Cryo-cuffs. i didn't use one (military wouldn't pay for it...) 1kg bags of frozen peas/corn worked great for me - i tried actual ice initially but ended up getting soaked when it melted...

just don't fall asleep with it on (frostbite) and wrap it in a handtowel so the extended exposure to cold doesn't damage the skin...

i think everyone will agree - ice will become your best friend...

lana

Re:ice 10 years, 1 month ago #1350

• littlebear1
      • Senior Boarder
      I used ice around the clock the first two days. Afterwards, I'd only use ice if I was in pain and only for like 15 minutes at a time. I also took ibuprofen during the day, pain meds at night.

Once the inflammation was done, I stopped ice altogether as I found it more painful.

Go figure.

Once I began physical therapy, there was absolutely no ice - only moist heat. Which promotes healthy bloodflow. Feels great too.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 204 guests online