Well... It's week 10, and I am yet to feel better than before the surgery. I have been doing PT faithfully, stretching, etc., but with almost no results. Anyone has similar experience and can give me any info as to what to investigate? Thanks!
How long did you wait to remove your sling? If you're like me you waited until week 4 or so, and didnt move it an inch during those 4 weeks! I really had no choice to do otherwise, with a 6 anchor tear you have to not move your arm for a longer time, which builds up more scar tissue and it makes the recovery much much harder. Nothing abnormal theres just alot more scar tissue blocking your movement.
Hey dangerbird, thanks for the reply. I was in a sling for 4 weeks, but did do some active movement during that time, without any weight bearing,of course.
I have a full ROM, but it is a very painful motion with several movements. I play squash and have to serve, but can't because I have very limited strength, but also quite a bit of pain. I do my PT as prescribed and was just wondering if I should expect this to be this way for a while longer. Thanks!
I'm on week 20 and still haven't returned to active life. Partly just scared to try because i did too much too soon. This process is a nightmare, at least so far it has been. Hopefully in a year i will not remember all the bs. 2 steriod shots have helped but i believe i have re-torn my labrum but i will have to live with it. Just a long trek for an active person to go through.
Hey everybody, I remember week 10, because I had to travel for work. It wasn't fun, I was still in a lot of pain and don't think I had full ROM at that point.
The truth is that it will be a while before you feel better. Just keep plugging away and you'll get there! It comes back through constant, low impact, low force use. Thats how mine has happened, once signed off, I just used it. Although, this does not mean dive right back in. If you did curls at 40, start out at 20.. get it? Take your time, be a little patient and you'll do okay.
Thanks to all for their responses. Thank you, Andy, for the reassurance. I am being offered cortizone injections, but have serious reservations about those. I guess I will wait until 4 months post op and, if not better, get an MRI.
Jeff, I am sorry about your slow recovery. Can you please tell me more about "too much too soon"? What makes you think you have re-torn the labrum? Thanks!