No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder?
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder?

Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder? 9 years, 4 months ago #3884

• JTK
      • Senior Boarder
      hi- may have a Manipulation Under Anesthesia (local) for frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)-- has anyone had this with either good or bad results? thanks.

Re:Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder? 9 years, 4 months ago #3885

• Mich
      • Senior Boarder
      JTK,
      another dialysis nurse that I work with had the same injury (tho neither of us made it a worker's comp issue too much trouble). She had a frozen shoulder, they gave her Versed and did the manipulation. It worked just fine. I asked my doc if he would do that and he said that he does not like to. He is a young guy with a good reputation. He said that he just gives a cortisone shot and then tries to do it over a period of time with the help of PT. He worries that if I am \"out\" I will not feel if he pushes too hard and ruins the repair. For whatever it is worth. So many different ways to do things. Mich

Re:Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder? 9 years, 3 months ago #3929

• summertime
      • Expert Boarder
      no, but had capsular release along with bicep tenotomy, however had no previous repair at all - just a lot of pain and stiffness. given this however had quite a bruise on forearm after the procedure. good luck.

carla

Re:Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder? 9 years, 3 months ago #3932

• JTK
      • Senior Boarder
      hi - did it work for you? did you have it for frozen shoulder, and if so, how long did you have that for and did you try conservative treatment (PT, etc)first? would you recommend it? thanks (sorry for all the questions..)

Re:Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder? 9 years, 3 months ago #3949

• summertime
      • Expert Boarder
      JTK

yes i would recommend the capsular release over MUA as believe will attain better ROM in long run. i did have PT but stopped due to further hurting my back in there (my PT was dual - shoulder and back). once stopped shoulder froze up and i hurt it further by having it yanked on the comuter train when they stop and go abruptly while holding onto pole causing further tear and irritation (hence the bicep release). i am 4 wks out and my ROM is pretty good. just need strength back.

carla

Re:Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder? 9 years, 2 months ago #4755

• Lisa
      • Fresh Boarder
      Yes, Jan 17, I had surgery for a SLAP II and during surgery, the surgeon found severe adhesive capsulitis. She removed some of the inflamed tissue, and manipulated the arm, repaired the tear. I started passive ROM exercises, right away using good arm to bring the repaired one up just below shoulder height. I started with PT on 7 Feb. Had my second session yesterday. Today the pain is excruciating and the PT thinks the shoulder is freezing again. Has anyone out there had this happen? I am told it will be a struggle to get my ROM back.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.50 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 123 guests online