Latest Topics

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder?
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder?

Re:Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder? 9 years, 2 months ago #4767

• summertime
      • Expert Boarder
      lisa,

i had adhesive capsulitis also and my dr. cut out adhesions while in surgery - he said couldn't repair labrum due to too much inflammation). 2 mos. at post-op visit he said my ROM is still not good and ordered a cortisone injection ( guided under x-ray). it's been 2 weeks since injection and still haven't noticed huge amount of flexibility, but my PT thinks there's more mobility within the joint itself. maybe your dr. could try the cortisone before attempting MUA..

carla

Re:Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder? 9 years, 2 months ago #4768

• Lisa
      • Fresh Boarder
      Thanks Carla

Before surgery my Ortho didn't think the pain of the Corti-shot was worth the little good it would do, but that was before she found the adhesive casulitis. I see her again in 4 weeks.
      Do you have good days and then painful days? I had the worse day ever yesterday (kept up on extra PT exercise though) Today I feel better. On another note: I am lucky that at surgery, my bi-ceps anchor was left alone. Lisa

Re:Has anyone had MUA for frozen shoulder? 9 years, 2 months ago #4773

• summertime
      • Expert Boarder
      lisa,

most days now are not too painful, but ROM still limited. yeah they cut my bicep tendon and i am wondering if that's part of the reason for having hard time getting back flexibility. i am 55 yrs old and generally they cut tendon in patients over 50. that being said they were going to do a tenodesis, but i was told it was too frayed.

carla
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online