Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New slaptear.com launched!

New slaptear.com launched! 5 years, 4 months ago #23246

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Here we go folks, the new slaptear.com!

I've installed the new forum software and upgraded the whole thing. It should put an end to the spam and make things more secure overall.

Over the next few weeks I'm going to try to get as many things done as possible. There wasn't time to do everything and you'll see the site change a bit. Blogs and the gallery are gone for now, but not forgotten. I'm working on new versions as I type.

Please post any issues you have in this thread or contact me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Hope everyone enjoys the new site!

Cheers (and get healthy)
      Andy

Re: New slaptear.com launched! 5 years, 4 months ago #23250

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Private Messaging should be up and running. Please let me know if anyone has problems. Thanks!

Re: New slaptear.com launched! 5 years, 4 months ago #23262

• Cavitator
      • Platinum Boarder
      Looks great.....?????

Not sure which button to push to find the menu of recent posts. When I look at RECENT TOPICS, there are only 2 or 3 posts. Seems like there should be more???
      3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
      2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
      2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
      3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure

Re: New slaptear.com launched! 5 years, 4 months ago #23270

• Andy
      • Administrator
      At the top of the list is an option to change the time period from months, days, last visit, etc. You can probably find more posts that way. I'm working to put the permanent list at the top like we had before.

Also, some days we only get 2 or 3 posts. For an injury website, I guess that's good!

Re: New slaptear.com launched! 5 years, 4 months ago #23273

• kcdtarheel
      • Gold Boarder
      I like the new site and am getting used to the changes. I know we'll all be glad not to have the spam issues going forward. I'm glad to hear that you're working to add a list of the most recent posts permanently at the top like the old site. I'm finding it's a little less efficient to go back and forth between particular posts and the list in general. One question I have - what do the symblols like a heart or exclimation point on the left side of post on the recent tops list mean?

Thanks for all of your work on this. I hope you realize how much of an impact it has had and continues to have one people. The friends we've made on this site have helped so many of us.

Re: New slaptear.com launched! 5 years, 4 months ago #23274

• Andy
      • Administrator
      I still have to add a few things to protect against spam. The stuff I can't protect against yet is actual people posting junk, but that's in progress. I liked the recent posts at the top and most importantly I think that having unanswered posts goes a long way to helping people find an answer.

The symbols mean whatever you would like them to mean. It's just an icon you can add to your posting to make them stand out.

And lastly, you are most welcome!
      Time to create page: 0.42 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 227 guests online