Username Password: Remember me

Started PT for my mallett finger
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Started PT for my mallett finger

Started PT for my mallett finger 4 years, 9 months ago #24902

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Yesterday the doc said I no longer needed the split to keep my finger tip straight and I could begin physical therapy. I went today figuring I'd dive right in.

Oh my god. The pain was excruciating. I've never felt anything that bad for such an extended period of time and I've broken bones and torn lots of stuff.

I started with a "Hot Wax Hand Dip." Basically I had to put my hand in a heated bowl of wax four times to build up a warm layer around my hand. From there I got to wear an oven mitt for a while. This was the warm up.

She then measured range of motion in each joint of the finger and compared to the good one. Basically, the finger I broke is useless right now...

She then began to work the range of motion back and I was sweating like crazy. It hurt. I have to admit, I asked for a break half way through. She said no, lol! Following probably 10 or 15 minutes of manipulation she asked me to make a fist and my ROM had already improved! She knows what she's doing, I'll give her that!

Anyways... Hand PT following a mallett finger break is brutal. I hate to say it, but it's harder for me than the shoulder. I was planning on lunch after PT today, but I had completely lost my appetite... Good thing she is saying four weeks to full mobility. If it lasted the same length of time as the shoulder rehab, I'd probably amputate and be done with it! LOL

Any rate, I'll update my progress as this is a pretty common finger injury and maybe somebody will need the info.

Cheers and get healthy,
      Andy
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE