Username Password: Remember me

Anybody try Nike Free?
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Anybody try Nike Free?

Anybody try Nike Free? 10 years, 5 months ago #718

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Hey gang, I know we have quite a few runners here now and I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Nike Free shoes yet?

I have a pair of trendy dress shoes that have almost no sole or support at all. But with all the walking I do, I've found that my calves have started building like mad. They are now easily my favorite shoes.

After this I had a friend tell me about the Nike Free shoes. The idea is totally counter intuitive to regular running shoes. They have almost no support and are supposed to be like running barefoot. Which is apparently a key training tool of top runners.

Anyways, I bought a pair tonight and will update after a few runs in them. Wondering if anyone has already tried them?

Re:Anybody try Nike Free? 10 years, 4 months ago #734

• czap
      • Fresh Boarder
      No, I haven't tried them. I'd be careful using these, depending on what kind of stride you have and if you have any pronation issues. Are they well cushioned? I had an IT Band problem a couple years ago and the best guess of the therapist was that my ankles are pretty stable, almost too much so (maybe from all that volleyball) and I didn't pronate much -- apparently this was letting the force of impact get transmitted much more efficiently to my knees and IT Band. So I now know I need a shoe with a lot more cushion than I was using (or even needed in my teenage years), since doing so took care of the problem (after a lot of PT).

Re:Anybody try Nike Free? 10 years, 4 months ago #738

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Sound advice. I'm starting to wear them around slowly. I'll probably run in them a bit this weekend. They are very well cushioned actually with a very soft sole.

I found a similar thing with my knees as you have. When I wear very supportive shoes, a lot of stress is transfered to my knees. IT band especially on my right.

What shoe are you using now?

Re:Anybody try Nike Free? 7 years ago #16251

• cmid
      • Junior Boarder
      How did the shoes go?
      I've read you are supposed to change how you run completely using these shoes as the way we run heel first is just wrong for our leg design.. I had a lot of knee problems when I was young and a very loud runner ie a lot of weight in the heel, once i changed that no knee problems for years!
      1 anchor SLAP tear 11-2 - Op 24 March 2010

Re:Anybody try Nike Free? 7 years ago #16260

• ktkewl
      • Senior Boarder
      i went out and got them yesterday. they are def. different. you can feel all the pressure in your feet, which is good i guess. a lot less pressure on the knees. I couldnt believe how much less pressure was taken off my left knee.
      slap 2 two anchors
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online