Latest Topics

No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: How do I create a blog on this site?

How do I create a blog on this site? 8 years ago #10572

• javajvg
      • Senior Boarder
      The instructions say to click on the "Create A Blog" link on this Web site but I do not see that link anywhere? I'd like to start a blog, thanks!

Re:How do I create a blog on this site? 8 years ago #10575

• KimJonesTN
      • Fresh Boarder
      I can't find that link either....

Re:How do I create a blog on this site? 8 years ago #10586

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Hi everyone,

Here's the thing with blogs - they are really great for telling stories and providing information but very bad for asking questions because they don't foster discussion.

90% of the blogs that get created are used for asking questions and then those people don't get replies and never post again. I don't want the site to be that kind of place especially since we've got some great users, like "sskylor," that have real knowledge and work hard to help people.

I've put the blog buttons back up. I hope they get used correctly until I can figure out how to direct people to the forum better.

Cheers,
      Andy

Re:How do I create a blog on this site? 8 years ago #10589

• sskylor
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Physical Therapist/Patient
      Andy nice to have you with us and posting. I want to commend you on begining this fabulous SLAP post forum and continuing to keep it rolling. You are what 2.5 years post-op now?

You are so correct about the blogging. So many posters begin here to ask questions and are never heard of again once they do not get a response. I also can never find an old blog unless I know the blog name and cannot tell the date of the blogs until I go in. Anyway if the blog were not avaliable I would not miss it. It must be fun to check in and see that this site is so active, valuable and has taken on such a life of its own. I believe there are hundreds who have benefited in some way.
      So Thanks again, Sharon

Re:How do I create a blog on this site? 8 years ago #10593

• javajvg
      • Senior Boarder
      Thanks, Andy, for putting that blog link back up. I have found the blogs to be incredibly helpful in learning what is ahead of me with surgery, the recovery period, and also learning that different doctors can read the same MRI very differently! I've begun a blog saga as I'm one month out from surgery and would like to help others as I've been helped.

Re:How do I create a blog on this site? 8 years ago #10594

• javajvg
      • Senior Boarder
      I just added "JVG's SLAP/HAGL Mystery" blog. Thanks again, Andy.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 211 guests online