Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Slap tear

Re:Slap tear 7 years, 2 months ago #16176

• Padilla
      • Fresh Boarder
      Hey Gary,

How hard is it to schedule an appointment with Dr. Andrews? Does he accept new patients or only refferals? He is in-network on my insurance so I would have full coverage. Please let me know how your experience was like with Dr. Andrews. I'm struggling with bi-lateral slap tears. I'm currently 9 weeks post op on my second right shoulder surgery and have yet to address the left shoulder yet. Looking for a great doctor to salvage the left shoulder if my right one doesnt work out this time.

Re:Slap tear 7 years, 2 months ago #16177

• gary d
      • Fresh Boarder
      We are from NJ It's very hard for us to get to Birmingham . His rehab facility is impressive but I personally feel that if your not a STAR (they do get special treatment)It's a meat market he does too many surgerys I don't even know if he did the Surgery? He has many Doctors following him around.We are not happy with the results of my Son's surgery but it's 8 months and maybe I am over reacting. He's a nice guy and his staff is very accomodating but I would not recomend him. It's all Hype!!I am hurting for my boy because he's a really good player and this was a big year for him now he has to redshirt.

Re:Slap tear 7 years, 2 months ago #16178

• gary d
      • Fresh Boarder
      No it's not hard to get in.

Re:Slap tear 7 years, 2 months ago #16179

• sskylor
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Physical Therapist/Patient
      It is great to have one of the premire OS's in the country, but I think you are right about the big name issue and being over the top busy, not the best. I would have a problem with a resident performing my operation. Unless you live in a small town, there are plenty of OS's who specialize in shoulder surgeries that do not require a plane ride or drive across the country.

I also believe a surgery is only as good as the rehab that follows. OK so I am a bit biased. Honestly these surgeries are not that complicated, but I want to see a higher percentage that can return without complications.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 219 guests online