Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Help out slaptear.com please!

Help out slaptear.com please! 9 years ago #5554

• Andy
      • Administrator
      HI Everyone, Here's the deal, I'm in a business plan competition and I'm trying to make a plan for where the site should go from here. Can you all answer a few questions?

1. What do you like most about the site? Why do you come back?

2. What other resources would you want? What don't you like?

3. How did you find the site?

4. What other websites do you use for health information? And how frequently?

5. What stage of recovery were you in when you found the site? Pre diagnosis, pre doctor visit? Post doctor visit but pre surgery? Post surgery? etc..

6. What health products do you buy online?

8. Would you be interested in chat sessions with Doctors or Physical Therapists?

9. If there were tools to track your progress over time and compare your recovery with other patients, would you use them?

Thanks Everyone! Please try to answer as many questions as possible. Be open and honest, if you don't like something, please tell me. But tell me stuff you like as well.

Thanks Everyone,
      Get well soon!,
      Andy

Re:Help out slaptear.com please! 9 years ago #5555

• Imsoaks
      • Senior Boarder
      1. What do you like most about the site? Why do you come back? Great answers and we all have something in common, shoulder probs

2. What other resources would you want? What don't you like? None

3. How did you find the site? Google

4. What other websites do you use for health information? And how frequently? webmd, wikipedia

5. What stage of recovery were you in when you found the site? Pre diagnosis, pre doctor visit? Post doctor visit but pre surgery? Post surgery? etc.. Post Dr, but pre surgery. Currently 3 weeks post op for Bankart repair

6. What health products do you buy online? CoQH10, organic vitamins

8. Would you be interested in chat sessions with Doctors or Physical Therapists? maybe

9. If there were tools to track your progress over time and compare your recovery with other patients, would you use them? DEFINATELY

Re:Help out slaptear.com please! 9 years ago #5557

• chykcha
      • Platinum Boarder

Good information, helped to alleviate my pre-op anxiety, a great place to whine!

Don't like that site is a bit slow, but over all structured pretty well.

Google

Up To Date, OVID Medline. Once per day on average.

5. What stage of recovery were you in when you found the site? Pre diagnosis, pre doctor visit? Post doctor visit but pre surgery? Post surgery? etc..

Oh, when I found it... I was post doctor visit, pre surgery.

None

8. Would you be interested in chat sessions with Doctors or Physical Therapists?
      If they are video consults and are live, that would be great. Would be limited, though, as they wouldn't be able to test strength, etc.

9. If there were tools to track your progress over time and compare your recovery with other patients, would you use them? No, too much work.

Re:Help out slaptear.com please! 9 years ago #5560

• karenm
      • Platinum Boarder

Get answers to questions quick. Everyone here has gone or going through the procedure so we are all in this together. I really like to help others who are going through this procedure as well.

Spell check in messages

Did many internet searches once I was diagnosed to get more info on slap tears.

Just search if I need info but don't visit other sites like I do here.

Post doctor visit but pre surgery. Didn't know what a slap tear was until I started reading on this site.

None

This question missing from survey. I bet this was the most informative one.

At first I thought this might be a good idea. But then you may have a chat doctor or therapist telling you something different from your own doctor or therapist. This may cause issues since the chat doc/therapist doesn't have your history. Could do you more harm than good. Recovery for shoulder surgery is so different from person to person it might be hard for a chat doc/therapist to help.

9. If there were tools to track your progress over time and compare your recovery with other patients, would you use them?

Yes, I think this would be very cool. The recovery process if very slow. If we had something to look back and say oh yea, it really is getting better, it would help everyones frame of mind

Take care Everyone,
      Karen

Re:Help out slaptear.com please! 9 years ago #5561

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Thanks so much!

Let's keep those answers coming!

hmmm -- looks like I forgot about number 7... or I just can't count.

Re:Help out slaptear.com please! 9 years ago #5562

• Sky
      • Expert Boarder
      1. What do you like most about the site? Why do you come back? It helps to know that you are \"normal\"...whatEVER that may be. Good place to hear what others experiences are.

2. What other resources would you want? What don't you like? It would be nice if the messages came up with the newest reply at the top, rather then having to scroll thru the whole thing every time.

3. How did you find the site? Google

4. What other websites do you use for health information? And how frequently? Shoulder1.com about 2x a day.

5. What stage of recovery were you in when you found the site? Pre diagnosis, pre doctor visit? Post doctor visit but pre surgery? Post surgery? etc.. Post surgery.

6. What health products do you buy online? None

8. Would you be interested in chat sessions with Doctors or Physical Therapists? No

9. If there were tools to track your progress over time and compare your recovery with other patients, would you use them? If it was easy, I might.

Sky
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.48 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online