Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Help out slaptear.com please!

Re:Help out slaptear.com please! 8 years, 11 months ago #5564

• Gaucho
      • Fresh Boarder
      1. Great information, helped me out alot.

2. I think there could be a deeper physiotherapy section. Nothing I don't like.

3. Google

4. None

5. Post-diagnosis

6. None

8. Sure

9. Sure, why not

Re:Help out slaptear.com please! 8 years, 11 months ago #5567

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Thanks!

Re:Help out slaptear.com please! 8 years, 11 months ago #5572

• tgk
      • Gold Boarder
      1. What do you like most about the site? Why do you come back?

Real people reporting real experiences.
      I feel that what keeps me coming back to the site is the \"real time\" information that others are sharing.

2. What other resources would you want? What don't you like?

I think the site gives me what I'm looking for so I wouldn't want more. The site is a bit slow though.

3. How did you find the site?

Google

4. What other websites do you use for health information? And how frequently?

Not one in particular on a regular basis.

5. What stage of recovery were you in when you found the site? Pre diagnosis, pre doctor visit? Post doctor visit but pre surgery? Post surgery? etc..

I found the site the day after I returned home after my surgery. Wish I had found it long before that.

6. What health products do you buy online?

None.

8. Would you be interested in chat sessions with Doctors or Physical Therapists?

It's not something that I feel is missing but I would certainly participate.

9. If there were tools to track your progress over time and compare your recovery with other patients, would you use them?

Too much work. I've become quite friendly with two women that I met on the site and we are in contact on a regular basis comparing notes and sharing our shoulder experiences/progress.

Thanks Everyone! Please try to answer as many questions as possible. Be open and honest, if you don't like something, please tell me. But tell me stuff you like as well.

Thanks Everyone,
      Get well soon!,
      Andy[/quote]

Re:Help out slaptear.com please! 8 years, 11 months ago #5590

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Thanks! Come on guys and gals, I know there are more of you out there!

Re:Help out slaptear.com please! 8 years, 11 months ago #5592

• JTK
      • Senior Boarder
      What do you like most about the site? Why do you come back?-- SUPPORT FORM PEOPLE UNDERGOING THE SAME PROBLEMS. COME BACK FOR THAT SUPPORT AND IF NEW PROBLEMS ARISE, AND TO GET ENCOURAGEMENT EITHER FORM RESPONSES OR READING OTHERS STORIES OF RECOVERY

2. What other resources would you want? What don't you like? --more organized fourm threads. the new format where the conversations dont open up entirely is horrible! to read a persons comments i have to go back to the top and click on it. whe i first joined in nov, all the posts were open and much easier to read thewhole thread.

3. How did you find the site? random searching on google

4. What other websites do you use for health information? And how frequently? the NIH altrnative med site about once a month, and pubmed for article searches

5. What stage of recovery were you in when you found the site? Pre diagnosis, pre doctor visit? Post doctor visit but pre surgery? Post surgery? etc..i was post op

6. What health products do you buy online? i bought a shoulder gel wrap which really sucked.

8. Would you be interested in chat sessions with Doctors or Physical Therapists? no

9. If there were tools to track your progress over time and compare your recovery with other patients, would you use them? proably, thought they might make me feel worse.

Re:Help out slaptear.com please! 8 years, 11 months ago #5594

• asr9754
      • Senior Boarder
      1: Real stories from people with similar experiences at different stages. Moral support and chat to compare symptoms.

2: Thread organization is a bit wacky and behaves differently on my work computer vs home computer.

3: Internet seach for \"posterior labrum tear\". Surprisinly one of only a few results...

4: Webmd a few times a year.

5: A few days after my injury (Pre diagnosis and pre surgery).

6: I bought a few shoulder PT items (strength bands, etc).

7/8: Yes

9: No, I wouldn't track my progress online (too cumbersome. I keep mental track unwillingly since this thing is on my mind 90% of the time). And I'd caution against comparing with other people with a formal timeline on the site. Everyone's injury, surgey, and recovery is unique and directly comparing timelines could lead to people over-doing it or getting desperate trying to \"catch up\". I like the informal comparison that comes from reading others' stories and asking questions.

Thanks for a great resource.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.55 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online