Latest Topics

No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

Any lifters in here with slap repairs or similar?
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Any lifters in here with slap repairs or similar?

Any lifters in here with slap repairs or similar? 2 years, 3 months ago #31157

• chuck5088
      • Fresh Boarder
      Hello Everyone, I see there isn't a lot of posts about lifting here. Makes me worried, as if lifting was not longer an option after shoulder surgery. Anyway, I've lifted for years and love it. I'm 26 and had a slap tear repair, 3 anchors put in 5 weeks ago today. Been going to therapy religiously and have not lifted in almost 3 months now, at all. I do hear that due to the fact I used to lift, recovery should be faster. However I have not met anyone yet who lifted and had a slap repair to tell me how their recovery went. When did they start lifting light? chest, tricep, bicep ..upper body exercises etc. When did you do pull ups again? How are you feeling nowadays, how many months after surgery? Age? suggestions?

Re: Any lifters in here with slap repairs or similar? 2 years ago #31341

Hey,

I used to life but not hard core, I also used to box. I'm older so you may bounce back sooner. It was at the end of my physical therapy before i could even hang on a chin up bar. I started lifting really light weight after therapy and after about 10 months or so I was using 2 25 plates, now if I start fresh I'll do 2 35's. I used to lift 2 45's

You will know when you over did it, it will hurt for week. I would just say take it slow, you're younger so you'll bound back faster but definitely don't rush it, its not worth it to screw it up and ten have to deal with this again.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 252 guests online