Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: yoga

yoga 10 years, 6 months ago #695

• Lissa
      • Fresh Boarder
      yoga is somewhat close to rock-climbing so i'll add my comments here. i was an expert at yoga till i fell down a set of wet stairs in March 2005 (yep, more than a year and a half ago). I have not been able to do any yoga since because your shoulders are crucial in at least half the poses. I'm very depressed about this. The whole reason i had the surgery (this august 31) was so i could do yoga again. that's the only thing keeping me going - thinking about being able to one day get back to it. I can't wait - but it sure seems like right now it's never going to be healed.

Re:yoga 10 years, 6 months ago #717

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Hey Lissa, I actually tried Yoga after my climbing accident because I thought it was low impact. Well, it's low impact but I wasn't prepared for the force it took to maintain those positions. It's tough!

I want to try it again now and see how well I do.

You'll get back there! It's good to have strong a strong goal to work for. Just makes you more determined to tough it out.

Heal fast!
      Andy

Re:yoga 4 years, 2 months ago #27612

• Beanie1
      • Senior Boarder
      Yoga has been very useful in my rehab. Lots of slow controlled body weight strength building. Good for ROM - although I don't push anything too far. I started yoga about 3.5 mths post surgery.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 99 guests online